07.09.2017 - How to create or modify EnergyPlus Weather Data (EPW)
How to modify a weather (EPW) file or create new ?
Elements is a free, open-source, cross-platform software tool for creating and editing custom weather files for building energy modeling. The goal of the project is to develop a comprehensive, integrated application suitable for handling all of the common tasks associated with weather files.
How to modify a weather (EPW) file with other data?
- run the weather converter on the original file (Energyplus component)
- convert the file to "EnergyPlus CSV" (it exist in excel)
- open the EnergyPlus CSV file in your favorite spreadsheet program. (excel)
- make the mods, saving it as CSV from the spreadsheet program.
- run the weather converter again, this time selecting the CSV and make sure the File type is "EnergyPlus CSV"
- convert it to EPW.
link : http://bigladdersoftware.com/epx/docs/8-3/auxiliary-programs/energyplus-weather-file-epw-data-dictionary.html
- http://bigladdersoftware.com/epx/docs/8-3/auxiliary-programs/energyplus-weather-file-epw-data-dictionary.html (Using energyplus weather converter)